Patna University Distance BCA Program
- Seeking admission to pursue a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Applications (BCA) from the Prestigious Patna University? Then you are in the right place. The objective of the BCA program is to equip students with data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence skills.
- Patna University is one of the leading colleges to earn a Bachelor’s of Computer Applications degree. The school was established in 1917 and later converted to a residential university in 1952. It has a campus in Saidpur and another close to the bank of river Ganges.
- The school offers various undergraduate and postgraduate courses ranging from Social Sciences, Science to Humanities, Commerce, Education, Business Administration, and Computer Applications.
- Patna University is a public research institution.
The following are the subjects offered:
- Computer Fundamentals
- System Analysis & Design
- Organizational Behaviour
- Data Structure
- Object-Oriented Programming and UML with C++
- Data Structure using C
- In-depth Working of Computer Sub-system
- Modern Operating Environment
- Financial Accounting
- Principles of Management
- Business Communications
- Database Management System
- Organizational Behavior
- Relational Database Management System
- Object-Oriented Programming in C++
- Human Resource Management
- Agile Systems
- Web Technology with PHP
- Python Scripting
- Visual Basic
- Computer Laboratory & Practical work
- The total fee payable by distance BCA students of this institution is INR 12,000 per annum for the 3 years. This amount includes an examination fee.
- The BCA degree at Patna University is 3 years.
- Prospective students must have at least 55% and 45% marks for General Category and Reserved Category respectively in the intermediate Examination in Science or Arts.
- Prospective students must have sound knowledge of mathematics
- Admission is on merit after passing entrance test and viva-voce examination conducted by the university authorities
- Seat reservation is based on the rules set by the government or the academic board for S.T, S.C, and OBC student category
- Admitted students are offered Provisional admission for 15 days only, within which students can either accept or decline the offer.
How To Apply For Admission
- Prospective students are advised to read the college’s prospectus for adequate information about the college and the course.
- Application forms for the BCA program can be obtained by hand from the college’s counter or any study centre close to you upon payment of INR 500/-
- The college admission office is usually open between 11 am to 4 pm on working days.
- Admit cards are available for collection at the college’s admission office
- Complete the application form and attach your supporting documents
- Submit all the documents to the Director-cum-Principal’s office at the school address below.
Entrance Test and Viva-voce
- The entrance test is administered before students are offered admission. Viva-Voce may also be administered by the Department or college.
- The format of the entrance test is multiple-choice questions.
- The test will last for 2 hours
- After the test, candidates will be invited for an interview.
- The entrance test will consist of the following subjects:
(i) English Language/Grammar
(ii) General Mathematics
(iii) Aptitude Assessment/ Test of Reasoning
(iv) General Awareness/ General Knowledge
- Admission to the BCA program is strictly on merit. You would be offered admission once you pass the entrance test and meet all the requirements stated above.
- The admission committee will scrutinize the photocopies of your credentials and bank receipts.
- The admission committee reserves the right to cancel your admission once they discover fake certificates at any level.
- Under no circumstances would the application and registration fee be refunded to the candidates.
- Once you are admitted, you can proceed to register for your courses
- Study materials are made available once the tuition and examination fees are paid. You may also get past questions and assignment notes within the study centre closest to you.
Question 1: where can I download the school prospectus to get more information about the program.
Answer: For more information about the program, kindly visit the school official website via https://www.patnauniversity.ac.in/ddeadmission.html
Question 2: How much is my expected to pay after securing admission
Answer: The total fee payable by distance Bachelor of Computer Applications degree students is INR 36,000, inclusive of examination fee.
Question 3: What is the program duration and how flexible is the program?
Answer: Generally, you can complete the program within 3 years. And the program is very flexible. You can work and study at the same time with classes conflicting with your work schedule. Plus, it is another opportunity to meet with like minds.
Question 4: What do I need to possess before I can apply for BCA program admission
Answer: The entry requirements for the program is at least 50% in your 10+2 examination and of course you must not be less than 18 years.
Question 5: How much is the registration fee and is it refundable?
Answer: The cost of the registration form is INR 500/-. Under no circumstances, the registration fee cannot be refunded. If you apply and your application is rejected, the school would not refund your registration fee.
Question 6: Is the certificate acceptable by employers and recruiters?
Answer: Yes, the certificates awarded by Patna University are recognized and honoured by employers of labour.
Question 7: Is Patna University accredited?
Answer: The school is accredited by both the University Grants Commission and the National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Question 8: Can I pay the tuition fee on an installment basis?
Answer: The school authorities have an installment policy for students who are not able to pay their fees once due to financial constraints. As for the question, yes, you can pay your tuition fee on an installment basis.
Question 9: Can I study in any study centre near my house?
Answer: Yes, you can study in any centre closest to your house or office.
- Patna University
- Directorate of Distance Education, Patna University, Patna -800 005, Bihar
- Phone & Fax Phone: 0612 – 2670352 (Off.)
- Fax: 0612 – 2670877
- E-mail: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.ddepu.org