Sri Krishnadevaraya University (SKU) Masters of Computer Application (MCA) Program
- If you desire a career in Computer science or in the field of information technology, a Masters in Computer Applications is a great way to get started. The program would align you with the realities in the world of information technology and Computer applications.
- Holders of an MCA degree are highly sought-after, not only in India but across the world. Their employers do not mind paying a premium to retain them so long as their skills are still relevant.
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University does not need an introduction if you have ever been to the state of Andhra Pradesh. The school is like a household name and is precisely based in Anantapur.
- In this article, we have put together the program requirements, fees, duration, and how to apply for admission.
The following are the subjects offered:
- Computer Fundamentals
- System Analysis & Design
- Organizational Behaviour
- Visual Basic
- Computer Laboratory & Practical work
- In-depth Working of Computer Sub-system
- Modern Operating Environment
- Financial Accounting
- Principles of Management
- Business Communications
- Database Management System
- Organizational Behavior
- Data Structure
- Object-Oriented Programming and UML with C++
- Data Structure using C
- Relational Database Management System
- Object-Oriented Programming in C++
- Human Resource Management
- Agile Systems
- Web Technology with PHP
- Python Scripting
- The total fee payable by distance MCA students of this institution is INR 81,000 for the 3 years. This amount includes an examination fee.
- The MCA degree at Sri Krishnadevaraya University is 3 years.
Prospective students are expected to possess the following qualifications before they would be considered for admission:
- A Bachelor degree obtained from Sri Krishnadevaraya University or any UGC-approved university
- At least 45% pass mark for reserved category students.
- Prospective students must at graduation level or 10+2 studied mathematics and of the subjects.
- Any degree obtained via distance learning must be recognized by the joint committee of AICTE, UGC, and DEC/DEB.
- Final year degree students are also encouraged to apply for admission
- Prospective students who passed all the degree courses in one sitting are not eligible to apply.
NB: The degree presented for admission must be obtained from a UGC-approved college. Otherwise, your admission can be rejected if the school finds out that you submitted a fake certificate or the certificate is not from a UGC-recognized school.
How To Apply For Admission
- Read through the university’s prospectus to understand the program’s requirements
- Visit “http://www.apicet.net.in/” to start the MCA application process
- Pay the required registration fee using either the A.P online centers or your credit/debit cards. Internet banking is also accepted
- Once your payment has been verified, you can then process to complete the application form
- Ensure you fill in your correct and actual details because your application would be rejected if the school authorities find out.
- Upload a scanned copy of your signature and passport photograph. The format and size of the document should be .jpg file and 30KB respectively.
- Once you are done with everything, you can then submit the application.
- Print the application confirmation page for reference.
Prospective candidates are required to forward photocopies of the following documents with the application form:
- Completed application form
- Birth certificate from relevant organizations
- Credit/Debit card or SBI-Collect
- Six Passport size photograph
- Hall ticket for the SKUCET test
- SSC/X Std Marks Memo
- Bachelor’s degree certificate (copies)
- Aadhar Card
- Migration certificate for SVU region candidates
- Valid email address and phone number
- Special category (PH, NCC, CAP, and Sports, etc) certificate
- Income certificate by MRO
The above enclosures should be sent to the following address:
“Application for Admission into Masters of Arts (specify your specialization)”
- Directorate of Distance Education
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University
- Anantapuramu (A.P) – 515 003.
- Admission is strictly on merit; this means one you meet the admission requirements and pass the entrance test, you will be given admission.
- The school authorities take time to scrutinize the academic qualification of students and bank receipts.
- Once you are admitted to pursue an MCA degree, you would be notified via intimation card by post.
- At any stage of the admission process, the school authorities reserve the exclusive right to reject any application that did not meet the entry requirements.
Note 1: The school authorities will reject your application if they find out any misrepresentation of information on the documents submitted for admission.
Note 2: Under no circumstances would the application fee be refunded to candidates whose application was rejected.
Note 3: If your name appears on the admission list, you can then proceed to register for your chosen course.
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University is approved by the University Grants Commission and accredited by AICTE
- Once you have paid your course fee, study materials, assignment question papers, as well as the course syllabus would be sent by post to your address.
You can attend lectures in any of the following study centers:
- New Delhi
Question 1: How much is the course fee and is there an installment plan in place by the University?
Answer: The total fee payable by students pursuing MCA is INR 81,000. And yes, there is an installment for you to leverage if you cannot pay your tuition at once.
Question 2: How long does it take to complete the program?
Answer: Generally, it takes 3 years to complete an MCA degree from Sri Krishnadevaraya University.
Question 3: Where can I get more information about the program and school
Answer: For more information about the program and school, visit http://skucde.com/newsite/P.G.PDF. The link also contains the school prospectus, in case, you need to read through it before you submit your application for consideration.
Question 4: Is there a minimum percentage for the MCA degree?
Answer: The minimum percentage for the Masters of Computer Application program is 45%.
Question 5: How much is the registration fee and is it refundable?
Answer: The registration fee is INR 300/-. This fee is not refundable even though your application is rejected by the admission committee. The application form is available online if you visit the school website.
Question 6: Apart from my first degree, are there other documents that are required of me?
Answer: You will attach other documents like birth certificate, Hall ticket, SSC/X STD Marks Memo, Aadhar Card, migration certificate for SVU region, as well as income certificate issued by relevant government agencies.
Question 7: Can I pursue two Master’s degree at once
No. You can’t pursue two Master’s programs concurrently. The policy of the university is very clear towards this. We advise you to enrol for the postgraduate programs one after the other.
Question 8: Is Sri Krishnadevaraya University approved by the University Grants Commission?
Answer: Yes, SKU is approved by UGC. The program is also accredited by the same body.
Question 9: What is the course structure of MCA?
Answer: The program is a 3-year course. Students are expected to pass assignments, course work, projects, as well as evaluation assessments.
Question 10: What are the tuition payment methods
Answer: Students are expected to pay both registration and tuition online via Credit/debit cards or internet banking.
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University
- Nh-205, Anantapur – Tirupati Highway, Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh 515003
- Phone 085542 55804