Sri Krishnadevaraya University Distance Master’s of Arts (M.A.) Program
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University is a public university based in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh. The school started as a centre for postgraduate in the year 1968 and in 1981, it gained a university autonomy. The university offers various academic programs from Diploma, certificate programs to undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
- There are about 38 postgraduate courses offered across 28 departments. Plus, there are 112 affiliated colleges. Out of this number, 7 of the universities are exclusively meant for women.
- The school boasts of a science instrumentation lab, a health centre, a computer centre, an outdoor stadium, a gymnasium, an auditorium, as well as different buildings to accommodate hostels, laboratories, and staff quarters.
- Master’s of Arts degree in Economics
- Master’s of Arts degree in English & Comparative Literature
- Master’s of Arts degree in History
- Master’s of Arts degree in Political Science
- Master’s of Arts degree in Rural Development
- Master’s of Arts degree in Sociology
- Master’s of Arts degree in Telugu & Comparative Literatures
- Master’s of Arts degree in Public Administration
- Masters of Arts degree in Adult, Continuing Education, and Extension
- Master’s of Arts degree in Applied Economics
- The total amount payable by students for all the programs listed above is ₹8,400 except for Masters of Arts degree in Rural Development. For M.A in Rural Development, the fee payable is ₹9,000
|1.||M.A in Economics & Applied Economics||For M.A in Economics or Applied Economics, Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Economics.|
|2.||M.A in English & Comparative Literature||Bachelor’s degree in English|
|3.||M.A in History||Bachelor’s degree in History|
|4.||M.A in Political Science||Bachelor’s degree in Political Science|
|5.||M.A in Rural Development||Bachelor’s degree in Rural Development|
|6.||M.A in Sociology||Bachelor’s degree in Sociology|
|7.||M.A in Telugu & Comparative Literatures||Bachelor’s degree in Oriental Learning in Telugu or any field of study (with Telugu in part one or part two)|
|8.||M.A in Public Administration||Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration or Political Science|
|9.||M.A in Adult, Continuing Education, and Extension||Bachelor’s degree in Adult Economics or any field of study|
NB: The first degree requirements must be obtained from a recognized university.
- It takes 2 years to complete each of the programs listed in the “Courses Offered” section.
How To Apply For Admission
- Prospective students are to register online on the university’s website and appear for the SKUCET test. SKUCET is an examination conducted by the university for admission into different postgraduate courses and its affiliated colleges.
- You are advised to submit separate admission forms for each of the courses you intend to study
- Application fee of Rs. 400/- and Rs. 200/- (for open and SC/ST categories) should be paid before submitting the application form. The fees are to be paid via credit/debit card or internet banking
- All relevant information should be provided while completing the form
- Upload all relevant documents before submitting the application form
- Print out the application form for reference purposes.
- Completed application form
- Birth certificate from relevant organizations
- Credit/Debit card or SBI-Collect
- Six Passport size photograph
- Hall ticket for the SKUCET test
- SSC/X Std Marks Memo
- Bachelor’s degree certificate (copies)
- Aadhar Card
- Migration certificate for SVU region candidates
- Valid email address and phone number
- Special category (PH, NCC, CAP, and Sports, etc) certificate
- Income certificate by MRO
The above enclosures should be sent to the following address:
“Application for Admission into Masters of Arts (specify your specialization)”
- Directorate of Distance Education
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University
- Anantapuramu (A.P) – 515 003.
- After the SKUCE entrance test, the admission committee will compile students’ performance and grades.
- Admission list would be released based on merit
- If your name appears on the admission list, you can then proceed to register for your chosen course.
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University is approved by the University Grants Commission and accredited by AICTE
Question 1: I need a list of your various study centres
The following is a list of the study centres;
- New Delhi
Question 2: I have a degree in Mathematics, Can I apply for an M.A degree in Public Administration?
You cannot apply for admission with a B.A degree in Mathematics. The entry requirement to gain admission to pursue an M.A degree in Public Administration is a B.A degree in Public Administration
Question 3: I live in New Delhi, Can I apply to study M.A degree in Political Science in Raichur centre?
Distance is not an issue, you are free to apply for admission wherever you live.
Question 4: Where would the SKUCET examination hold?
The table below shows the SKUCET test centres
|Test Centres Code||Centre Name|
|01||Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Ananthapuramu|
|02||G. Pulla Reddy Engineering College, Kurnool|
Question 5: Where can I get more information about the program
Visit http://skucde.com/newsite/P.G.PDF for more information about Sri Krishnadevaraya University M.A programs
Question 6: After the application process, what should I expect?
Admission into the distance Masters of Commerce program is strictly on merit. Once you meet the entry requirements and pass the entrance test with good grades, you would be offered admission. Try as much as possible to provide genuine information during the application process, as the school authorities take time to scrutinize every application submitted by students.
Question 6: Can I pay the tuition fee on an installment basis?
Yes, if you don’t have the total amount to pay at once, you can pay the tuition two times in a year. The management of the school made the provision to enable working-class students to meet up with their financial projections.
Question 7: Can I switch the study center if my employer transfers me to another office location?
Yes, you can change the study center. All that is required of you is to communicate your intention to the school authority.
Question 8: Is the certificate acceptable nationally?
All the certificates awarded by Sri Krishnadevaraya University is recognized and accepted by employers both in the country and overseas.
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University
- Nh-205, Anantapur – Tirupati Highway, Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh 515003
- Phone 085542 55804