Sri Krishnadevaraya University (SKU) Distance Masters of Commerce (M.Com) Program
- If you’re looking to earn a Master’s degree in Commerce at the popular Sri Krishnadevaraya University, then you are in the right place.
- The school’s Masters of Commerce degree is a 2-year program that is offered both on-campus mode and distance learning options. In the course of the program, candidates are taught finance and commerce-related subjects which we have clearly highlighted in the next section. Plus, students are allowed to choose from some elective courses.
- If you want to pursue a career in Cost Accounting, Chartered Accountancy or Company Secretaryship, M.Com is the right program for you. You can also pursue a career in Teaching, Law, Advertisement, and Management, among others.
The following are the subjects offered:
- Financial Accounting
- Principles of Micro-Economics
- New Venture Planning
- Business Organisation and Management
- Environmental Studies
- Business Laws
- Economics of Regulation of Domestic and Foreign Exchange Markets
- Business Mathematics and Statistics
- Company Law
- Income Tax Laws
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Indirect Tax Laws
- Corporate Accounting
- Auditing and Corporate Governance
- Cost Accounting
- Fundamentals of Financial Management
- Business Communication
- International Business
- Consumer Affairs and Customer Care
- Organizational Behaviour
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business
- Office Management and Secretarial Practice
- Corporate Tax Planning
- Fundamentals of Investment
- Management Accounting
- The total fee payable by distance MBA students of this institution is INR 8,400 for the 2 years. This amount includes an examination fee.
- The M.Com degree at Sri Krishnadevaraya University is 2 years.
Prospective students are to possess any of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Commerce or B.A with accountancy under part ll
- Bachelor degree in Commerce with Computers or Computer Applications
- Bachelor of Business Administration or Bachelor of Commerce with Company Secretaryship
NB: The degree presented for admission must be obtained from a UGC-approved college. Otherwise, your admission can be rejected if the school finds out that you submitted a fake certificate or the certificate is not from a UGC-recognized school.
How To Apply For Admission
- Prospective candidates are expected to read through the university’s prospectus before applying for admission
- Prospective students are to register online on the university’s website and be ready to appear for the SKUCET test. SKUCET is an examination conducted by the university for admission into different postgraduate courses and its affiliated colleges.
- Complete the M.Com application form with the required details
- Pay a registration fee of INR 500/- through the State Bank of India or Andhra Bank with a Demand draft.
- Upload a clear passport photograph not exceeding 100kb in jpg format
- Print out the completed application form
- Write your name, course of study, address, and the purpose of payment on the reverse side of the Demand Draft.
Prospective candidates are required to forward photocopies of the following documents with the application form:
- Completed application form
- Birth certificate from relevant organizations
- Credit/Debit card or SBI-Collect
- Six Passport size photograph
- Hall ticket for the SKUCET test
- SSC/X Std Marks Memo
- Bachelor’s degree certificate (copies)
- Aadhar Card
- Migration certificate for SVU region candidates
- Valid email address and phone number
- Special category (PH, NCC, CAP, and Sports, etc) certificate
- Income certificate by MRO
The above enclosures should be sent to the following address:
“Application for Admission into Masters of Arts (specify your specialization)”
- Directorate of Distance Education
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University
- Anantapuramu (A.P) – 515 003.
- Admission is strictly on merit; this means one you meet the admission requirements and pass the entrance test, you will be given admission.
- The school authorities take time to scrutinize the academic qualification of students and bank receipts.
- Once you are admitted to pursue an M.Com degree, you would be notified via intimation card by post.
- At any stage of the admission process, the school authorities reserve the exclusive right to reject any application that did not meet the entry requirements.
Note 1: The school authorities will reject your application if they find out any misrepresentation of information on the documents submitted for admission.
Note 2: Under no circumstances would the application fee be refunded to candidates whose application was rejected.
Note 3: If your name appears on the admission list, you can then proceed to register for your chosen course.
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University is approved by the University Grants Commission and accredited by AICTE
- Once you have paid your course fee, study materials, assignment question papers, as well as the course syllabus would be sent by post to your address.
You can attend lectures in any of the following study centers:
- New Delhi
Question 1: I want to enroll for the M.Com program but my original Bachelor degree is not yet ready, can I submit an attestation letter from my school?
The admission committee will not process your application with an attestation letter. The requirement for the program is clearly written that your Bachelor of Commerce degree must be readily available before you apply for admission.
Question 2: Can I send the “enclosures” via post office or I should submit it myself at the stated address
You are at liberty to submit the enclosures yourself. However, for your comfort and convenience, you can use the post office.
Question 3: The application portal is not responding, what should I do?
If the admission portal is not responding, you can contact the school via 085542 55804 to report your issue.
Question 4: I am a nursing mother, can I apply for admission?
M.Com is a Postgraduate program that is all-inclusive. Whether you are a nursing mother or a stay at home mom, the school authorities give admission based on merit and not on sentiment.
Question 5: Does the school have a student support system after graduation?
Once you complete your program and you are jobless, the school can link you to a job opportunity where there is a job vacancy.
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University
- Nh-205, Anantapur – Tirupati Highway, Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh 515003
- Phone 085542 55804
Visit http://skucde.com/newsite/P.G.PDF for more information about Sri Krishnadevaraya University M.Com program.