Sri Krishnadevaraya University (SKU) Distance B.com Program
- After high school, some students find it financially difficult to proceed to the university to obtain higher degrees. The distance learning option became necessary to cater to the academic needs of those that cannot obviously pursue a degree full-time. The program is flexible, as it allows school leavers to work and study at the same time.
- If you are a school leaver and you are currently working or doing business and you’re looking to earn a distance Bachelor’s degree in Commerce from the Prestigious Sri Krishnadevaraya University, this article was curated with you in mind.
- When a distance education program is mentioned in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh, Sri Krishnadevaraya University distance learning naturally comes to mind. The university offers various academic programs from Diploma, certificate programs to undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Computer) degree
- Prospective candidates must be more than 18 years as at the time of applying for admission
- Candidates must pass the intermediate examination or its equivalent
- Candidates with 2 years I.T.I are eligible to apply for admission
- Prospective candidates who passed through a 2-year vocational course after high school are also eligible to apply for admission.
- A birth certificate obtained from any of the following bodies:
(a) First Class Magistrate/Tahasildar/Notary Public/Municipal Commissioner
(b) Transfer Certificate for those who have studied any course earlier.
(c) SSC Marks list
- Bachelor of Commerce (Computer) takes 3 years to complete
- The total fee payable by students for Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Commerce (Computer) as of 2018 is INR 9,000/- and INR12,600/-
Courses Offered under Bachelors of Commerce
- Advance Urdu
- Rural Development
- Principles of Management
- Business Finance
- Business Communications
- Business Ethics
- Human Resource Management.
How To Apply For Admission
- You are advised to read through the university’s prospectus before applying for admission.
- Visit the official website of Sri Krishnadevaraya University Distance Learning Program.
- Register for an account on the portal and provide a valid email address
- Confirm your email from your mailbox
- The Study Centre will provide you with a login password
- Use the login credentials to access the application form
- Complete the application form with your information
- If you would be writing the entrance test, ensure you apply separately. Sri Krishnadevaraya University
- Mention your course of interest, in this case, Bachelor of Art in Commerce.
- Pay all the necessary fees online and keep the receipt for reference
Admission Procedure For Direct Admission Stream
- Prospective candidates seeking to gain admission via the direct admission stream would be shortlisted after scrutinizing their original certificates and receipt of the tuition fee.
- Once you are qualified you would gain admission to study the course of your choice. Your selected study centre would inform you whether or not you have been admitted.
For Eligibility Test Stream
- If you have applied to be admitted through the eligibility test stream and pay all the necessary fees, you would be required to take the eligibility test a date to be scheduled by the university authorities. Your selected study centre would inform you of your admission status whether you have been admitted or not.
Note 1: Your application would be rejected if you provided false information during the application or you uploaded fake certificates.
Note 2: The money you paid during the application cannot be refunded under regardless of the circumstances.
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University is approved by the University Grants Commission and accredited by AICTE
Question 1: I am currently working in a private firm, can I apply for the program?
Of course, the distance Bachelor of Commerce program is designed with people like you in mind. Once you meet all the requirements, the school will graciously offer you admission to pursue the three-year program.
Question 2: I wasn’t able to complete my high school education, am I eligible to apply for admission?
You are very much eligible to apply. So long you meet all the requirements listed above, please proceed with the application process.
Question 3: Are there any scholarship opportunities for students of the university?
There are scholarship opportunities for students to avail. However, most of the scholarship schemes are geared towards full-time students.
Question 4: If I am offered admission, can I transfer my admission status to another public university?
No. Your admission status cannot be transferred to another public school. All schools approved by the University Grants Commission have different entry requirements. You need to study a university’s prospectus to understand their requirements before applying for admission.
Question 5: How long should I wait after the application to get a response from the school’s admission committee?
Generally, within two to three weeks from the date of the application deadline, you will get a response regarding your admission status. For those that would be taking the entrance test, your study centre will notify you when the test would hold.
Question 6: How are students selected for admission?
Admission into the distance Bachelor of Commerce program is strictly on merit. Once you meet the entry requirements and pass the entrance test with good grades, you would be offered admission. Ensure not to provide information during the application process, as the school authorities take time to scrutinize every application submitted by students.
Question 7: Can I pay the tuition fee on an installment basis?
Yes, if you don’t have the total amount to pay at once, you can pay the tuition two times in a year. The management of the school made the provision to enable working-class students to meet up with their financial projections.
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University
- Nh-205, Anantapur – Tirupati Highway, Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh 515003
- Phone 085542 55804