Sri Krishnadevaraya University (SKU) Distance Bachelor’s of Arts (B.A.) Program
- Seeking admission to pursue a Bachelor of Arts degree from Sri Krishnadevaraya University? Then you are in the right place.
- Established in 1981, Sri Krishnadevaraya University is a renowned and reputable institution of higher learning based in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh. The school was named after Sri Krishnadevaraya, a prominent patron of arts in the Vijayanagara empire.
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University offers various academic programs that lead to the award of Diplomas, Certificates, Undergraduate degrees, as well as postgraduate degrees. Its Bachelor of Arts degree is designed to equip students with the skills and management know-how that would enable them to succeed in the corporate world.
The following are the Bachelors of Arts courses offered in this noble institution:
NB: Eligibility and Fee for any of the following courses are the same as highlighted in the “fee structure” and “program requirements” sections below:
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) History – Economics – Political Science
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Economics – Public Administration – Political Science
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Economics – Public Administration – Sociology
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Economics – History – Sociology
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) History – Public Administration – Political Science
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) History – Political Science-Advanced Telugu
- Fee Structure
- The total fee payable by Bachelor of Arts students is INR 3,000/- per year for the three years program.
The following are the eligibility requirements to pursue a distance Bachelor of Arts degree from Sri Krishnadevaraya University:
- Prospective candidates must pass the intermediate examination (10+2) or its equivalent.
- Prospective candidates who passed through a 2-year vocational course after high school are eligible to apply for admission.
- Prospective candidates with 2-year I.T.I can also apply for admission.
- Prospective candidates must be at least 18 years old as of the time of applying for admission
- Prospective candidates who are eligible for direct admission must pass DDE eligibility test
- Prospective students must upload their birth certificate obtained from
(a) First Class Magistrate/Tahasildar/Notary Public/Municipal Commissioner
(b) Transfer Certificate for those who have studied any course earlier.
(c) SSC Marks list
How To Apply For Admission
- Prospective candidates are required to carefully read through the university’s prospectus before applying for admission online.
- After perusing the school’s prospectus, visit the official website of Sri Krishnadevaraya University Distance Learning.
- Register for an account on the portal and provide a valid email address
- Confirm your email from your mailbox
- The Study Centre will provide you with a login password
- Use the login credentials to access the application form
- Complete the application form with your information
- If you would be writing the entrance test, ensure you apply separately.
- Mention your course of interest, medium, and the subject combination.
- Pay all the necessary fees online and keep the receipt for reference
For Direct Admission Stream
- Prospective candidates seeking to gain admission via the direct admission stream would be shortlisted after scrutinizing their original certificates and receipt of the tuition fee.
- Once you are qualified you would gain admission to study the course of your choice. Your selected study centre would inform you whether or not you have been admitted.
For Eligibility Test Stream
- If you have applied to be admitted through the eligibility test stream and pay all the necessary fees, you would be required to take the eligibility test a date to be scheduled by the university authorities.
- Your selected study centre would inform you of your admission status whether you have been admitted or not.
Note 1: Your application would be rejected if you provided false information during the application or you uploaded fake certificates.
Note 2: The money you paid during the application cannot be refunded under regardless of the circumstances.
Duration Of the Program
- It takes 3 years to earn a Bachelor of Arts degree in any of the above-listed courses of Sri Krishnadevaraya University.
The following are the university’s study centres. You can receive lectures in any of these centres close to you:
- New Delhi
Question 1: Can I secure admission without passing through high school?
Of course, but you would be required to take eligibility test organized by DDE
Question 2: Is the distance learning certificate acceptable by employers and recruiters?
The Bachelor of Arts degree (distance learning option) awarded by Sri Krishnadevaraya University is accepted by all and sundry. It is even accepted outside the shores of the country.
Question 3: I got admission to study B.A in English, can I defer my admission to the following year?
Deferring admission to next year might not work out the way you plan it. But contact the school admission office (via email@example.com) for further information
Question 4: How do I apply for admission?
Visit the Sri Krishnadevaraya University official website to get started with your admission application. Ensure you have all the admission requirements handy before you visit the site.
Question 5: Do I require work experience before applying for admission?
You don’t need work experience to gain admission to the university. All that is required of you is to either pass an intermediate examination (10+2) or it’s equivalent. Or you completed a 2-year vocational course after high school.
Question 6: Is there project work before graduation?
Definitely. You must be involved in project work supervised by an approved instructor before the school would award you a B.A degree.
Question 7: Can I switch program from distance mode to regular mode?
No. Admission to regular mode is based on the availability of space. If you desire the regular mode, you have to wait until the next admission phase.
Question 8: What is the acceptance rate of the university?
The university’s acceptance rate is around 65%.
Question 9: How long should I wait to hear from the school after the application?
Generally, between 2 to 3 weeks, the school admission committee will notify you of your admission status. Also, if you are taking the entrance test, you would be notified of your admission status after the admission committee must have finished grading students’ performance.
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University
- Nh-205, Anantapur – Tirupati Highway, Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh 515003
- Phone 085542 55804