Punjabi University Distance MBA Program
- Punjabi University is a state-owned institution of higher learning founded in 1962. The school is located in Patiala, in the Indian state of Punjab.
- Punjabi University’s Distance Education Department is charged with the responsibility of running the institution’s distance education programs.
- Consequently, the department offers master’s degrees, postgraduate diplomas, bachelor degrees, diplomas, and certificate courses through the distance mode.
List of Courses Offered
Some of the courses available at Punjabi University include:
- M.A English
- M.A Economics
- M.A History
- M.A Political Science
- M.Sc. Information Technology
- Master of Commerce (M. Com)
- P.G Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication
- P.G Diploma in Computer Applications
Duration of Course
- The Master Degree programs can be completed within two years
- The Post Graduate Diploma and Diploma courses take a minimum of one year to complete
- To obtain information regarding fee structure, prospective students are advised to check the prospectus or contact Punjabi University using the information provided in the contact section below
- Punjabi University’s distance programs are recognized and approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC)
How to Take Admission into the Punjabi University
- Applicants can obtain the prospectus from the Enquiry & Information Centre, Punjabi University, Patiala, upon making a payment of Rs. 500 at the counter
- The brochure can also be obtained by registered post from the Department of Distance Education. Applicants who prefer to use this medium will have to draw a Demand Draft of Rs. 510 in favor of the “Registrar, Punjabi University, Patiala.”
- The fee should be paid at Patiala. Payment should be sent in a self-addressed envelope (12″x 10″)
- Applicants can also download the Prospectus from the department’s website at http://www.pupdepartments.ac.in/de/. Candidates who wish to use this medium will be required to draw a demand draft to the tune of Rs. 500 in favor of the “Registrar, Punjabi University, Patiala” Payable at Patiala.
- The draft should be sent alongside the application form to the Department of Distance Education, Punjabi University at Patiala
- Eligibility for M.A and M.Sc. and postgraduate diploma courses is a bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- M. Com requires a bachelor degree in commerce of Business Administration (BBA)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Are the courses offered by Punjabi University approved?
Ans: Yes, the courses offered by Punjabi University in distance mode approved by UGC.
Q2: What is the total fee for Distance courses at Punjabi University?
Ans: Students are advised to contact the university about the fee information regarding all distance courses offered by Punjabi University.
Q3: Does the Punjabi University offer an MBA program in distance mode?
Ans: Yes. The university offers a distance MBA program. Prospective students can find all the information here.
Q4: What is the eligibility criteria for admission in the distance MBA program?
Ans: The eligibility criteria is as follows:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in any discipline from any recognized university
- Passed final examination conducted by Institute of Chartered Accountant of India or equivalent
- Passed final examination conducted by Institute of Cost and Work Accountants of India or equivalent with working experience of one year
University Contact Details
Applicants can contact Punjabi University through the following channels:
- Address: Department of Distance Education,
- Punjabi University,
- Phone: 0175-3046418
- Website: http://www.pupdepartments.ac.in/de/,
Link to Prospectus