Patna University Distance BA (Hons.)
- A Bachelor of Arts (B.A) degree could potentially fetch you a mouth watery job offer after graduation. If you are looking to earn a distance B.A degree from Patna University, then you have come to the right place. A B.A degree would equip you with managerial, leadership, and ultimately entrepreneurial skills.
- Patna University is a force to reckon with when it comes to distance learning and academic excellence. The school was established in 1952 with the mission to close the industrial skill gap of the country.
- The school provides a conducive environment that supports academics and skill grooming. They offer various courses both at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Patna is a state-owned university.
- B.A Ancients Indian History
- B.A Economics
- B.A English
- B.A Geography
- B.A Hindi
- B.A History
- B.A Philosophy
- B.A Political Science
- B.A Psychology
- B.A Sociology
- B.A Statistics
- B A Urdu
- The total fee payable by distance B.A students is INR 18,000 per annum for the 3 years. This amount includes an examination fee.
- The B.A degree at Patna University is 3 years.
- Prospective students must have at least 55% and 45% marks for General Category and Reserved Category respectively in the intermediate Examination in Science or Arts.
- Prospective students must have sound knowledge of mathematics
- Admission is on merit after passing entrance test and viva-voce examination conducted by the university authorities
- Seat reservation is based on the rules set by the government or the academic board for S.T, S.C, and OBC student category
- Admitted students are offered Provisional admission for 15 days only, within which students can either accept or decline the offer.
How To Apply For Admission
- Prospective students are advised to read the college’s prospectus for adequate information about the college and the course.
- Application forms for the BCA program can be obtained by hand from the college’s counter or any study centre close to you upon payment of INR 500/-
- The college admission office is usually open between 11 am to 4 pm on working days.
- Admit cards are available for collection at the college’s admission office
- Complete the application form and attach your supporting documents
- Submit all the documents to the Director-cum-Principal’s office using the school address in the contact section.
Entrance Test and Viva-voce
- The entrance test is administered before students are offered admission. Viva-Voce may also be administered by the Department or college.
- The format of the entrance test is multiple-choice questions.
- The test will last for 2 hours
- After the test, candidates will be invited for an interview.
- The entrance test will consist of the following subjects:
(i) English Language/Grammar
(ii) General Mathematics
(iii) Aptitude Assessment/ Test of Reasoning
(iv) General Awareness/ General Knowledge
- Admission to the BCA program is strictly on merit. You would be offered admission once you pass the entrance test and meet all the requirements stated above.
- The admission committee will scrutinize the photocopies of your credentials and bank receipts.
- The admission committee reserves the right to cancel your admission once they discover fake certificates at any level.
- Under no circumstances would the application and registration fee be refunded to the candidates.
- Once you are admitted, you can proceed to register for your courses
- Study materials are made available once the tuition and examination fees are paid. You may also get past questions and assignment notes within the study centre closest to you.
Question 1: I am not internet savvy, can I apply for admission manually?
Answer: Admission into Patna University is done manually. All you need is to visit the school’s admission office to pick up your application form.
Question 2: I want to pursue a B.A degree in Urdu, do I need to understand Hindi before my application would be considered?
Answer: No, you don’t need a sound knowledge of Hindi to be admitted.
Question 3: What is the program duration and how flexible is the program?
Answer: Generally, you can complete the program within 3 years. And the program is very flexible. You can work and study at the same time with classes conflicting with your work schedule. Plus, it is another opportunity to meet with like minds.
Question 4: What is the entry qualification required to gain admission?
Answer: For you to be considered for admission into Patna University, you must have at least 50% in the 10+2 examination. Secondly, you must be at least 18 years as of the time of application.
Question 5: Are there any scholarships available for distance learning students?
Answer: At the moment, there are no scholarships available for distance learning students. If you desire a scholarship, you may have to seek admission via the full-time mode.
Question 6: What is the acceptance rate of the college?
Answer: According to available records, the acceptance rate of the college is 85%. This figure shows that the university is acceptable and popular among students.
Question 7: Is Patna University accredited?
Answer: The school is accredited by both the University Grants Commission and the National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Question 8: What is the curriculum like?
Answer: The Bachelor of Arts degree is structured into 6 semesters with elective and non-elective courses. At the end of the program, you are expected to embark on an academic project, a topic to be approved by the university.
Question 9: I work 9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday, Can I combine studies with my job?
Answer: Yes, you can combine work with study at Patna University. As a matter of fact, you can set your academic pace to suit your work schedule. Also, you can always liaise with other students to get the latest via Skype or WhatsApp.
Question 10: How do I get the admission requirements and where do I download the school’s prospectus?
Answer: For more information about the school and program in general, kindly visit the school official website via https://www.patnauniversity.ac.in/ddeadmission.html
- Patna University
- Directorate of Distance Education, Patna University, Patna -800 005, Bihar
- Phone & Fax Phone: 0612 – 2670352 (Off.)
- Fax: 0612 – 2670877
- E-mail: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.ddepu.org