Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar Bihar University (BRABU) Distance Bachelors of Computer Application (BCA)
- Are you looking to earn a Bachelor of Computer Application degree from one of the most reputed universities in the state of Bihar? Then the distance learning option of Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar Bihar University has got you covered.
- B.R Ambedkar Bihar University is proudly located in Muzaffarpur city. The school was established and since inception, it has grown and can boast of more than 35 departments. Often, the school organizes seminars, symposia, and workshops to showcase students’ skill and dexterity.
- The school’s distance learning option is one of the best in the city. They offer various academic programs ranging from undergraduate to postgraduate studies. They also offer diploma programs, as well as Masters of Business Administration (MBA).
- B.R Ambedkar Bihar University is a government-owned institution.
The following are the subjects are taught over the 3 years program:
- Creative English
- Communicative English
- Foundational Mathematics
- Basic Discrete Mathematics
- Statistics I For BCA
- Operating Systems
- Digital Computer Fundamentals
- Data Structures
- Introduction To Programming Using C
- Data Structures Lab
- C Programming Lab
- Visual Programming Lab
- PC Software Lab
- Introductory Algebra
- Financial Management
- Financial Accounting
- Computer Networks
- Software Engineering
- Programming In Java
- Database Management Systems
- Java Programming Lab
- Object-Oriented Programming Using C++
- Unix Programming
- Design And Analysis Of Algorithms
- OOAD Using UML
- Client-Server Computing
- Python Programming
- Multimedia Applications
- Business Intelligence
- Introduction To Soft Computing
- Unix Lab
- Advanced Database Management System
- Web Designing Project
- The total fee per annum payable by students is INR 8,667. This fee is exclusive of examination and registration fees.
Duration Of the Program
The Bachelor of Computer Application program runs for 3 academic years.
Prospective students are expected to meet the following requirements before applying for admission:
- Candidates must possess a 50% aggregate in the 10+2 examination
- Candidates’ aggregate must include Mathematics and English language
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old before the date of application
- There is no age limit for older candidates
How To Apply For Admission
- Before you start the admission process, ensure you read through the university’s prospectus to understand the program requirements and to get familiar with the school.
- Candidates are to visit the official website of the institution via www.brabu.net to commence the application process
- Click on the “application form” for undergraduate courses
- Create a new user account and confirm your email address (Ensure you provide a valid email address, as it would be used to communicate you in the future)
- Complete the application form and upload a passport size photograph in jpg format
- Pay a registration fee of INR 1050/- using your credit or debit card
- Submit the application and print the confirmation page for reference
- Take note of your registration number because you will need it to download your admit card
- Transfer Certificate
- Category Certificate
- 10th Mark-sheet and pass certificate
- 12th Mark-sheets and pass certificate
- Income certificate (if any)
- Character certificate
- Scorecard or admission test hall ticket
Entrance Exam Dates
|Release of Advertisement||April 2020|
|Availability of online application forms||April 2020|
|Registration and final submission of application||May 2020|
|Availability of Admit card||May 2020|
|Entrance Exam schedule||June 2020|
|Final result dates||July first week (2020)|
- After the entrance test, the school’s admission committee will sit to decide the pass mark based on students performance
- Admission to pursue a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Application is strictly on merit
- Once you meet all the requirements and you score a pass mark during the admission test, you would be offered admission
- After the release of admission list, the school would notify those that are admission
- Once you get the notification, you can commence the registration process.
You can attend lectures in any of these study centers:
- N.D. College, Motihari.
- Balmiki Teachers’ Training College, Vaishali.
- Priya Rani Degree College, Bairgania, Sitamarhi.
- Mahatma Buddha Teachers’ Training College, Sitamarhi.
- Basundhara Teachers’ Training College, Silout, NH-28, Muzaffarpur
- Siddique Memorial Teacher’s Training College, Sarmastpur, Sakra (Dholi), Muzaffarpur
- S.S. Science College, Sitamarhi.
- N. Mishra College of Business Management, Bhagwanpur, Muzaffarpur.
- Vaishali Institute of Rural Management, Narayanpur Anant Station Road, Muz.
- Shayam Nandan Sahay College, Dheeranpatti, Muzaffarpur.
- D.D.M. College, Muzaffarpur
- Jagannath Mishra College, Muzaffarpur
- Jawahar Lal Nehru Memorial College, Nawahi, Sursand, Sitamarhi
- P.S. College, Desari, Vaishali
- R.A. Bihar University, Muzaffarpur.
Question 1: Do I need the admit card before I can take the entrance examination?
Answer: Of course, the admit card would grant you access to the examination hall. Without the admit card, you automatically forfeit the admission. For your information, you can download the admit card via the university website www.brabu.net once the application form starts selling.
Question 2: Can I work and pursue the program at once?
Answer: Yes you can. The program is designed with people like you in mind. Whether you are currently working or you just left high school, you can earn a BCA degree from Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar Bihar University with ease.
Question 3: Do I need any work experience to apply for admission?
Answer: You do not need to have any work experience to be considered for admission. Once you meet the minimum entry requirements as stated above, you would be offered admission.
Question 4: Can I arrange to complete the program at my own pace?
Answer: The program’s duration is 3 years. You are expected to complete the program within 3 years.
Question 5: How long should I wait to hear from the school after the application?
Answer: Generally, two weeks after results are released, you should expect the admission list. While waiting for admission, you can study the university’s prospectus to fully understand the program you intend to study.
Question 6: Is the BCA certificate respected overseas?
Answer: The school’s certificate is recognized both at home and overseas.
- Directorate of Distance Education
- Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar Bihar University
- Muzaffarpur, Bihar – 842001