Magadh University Distance Masters of Arts
- A Masters of Arts (M.A) degree may be what you need to transform your career and earn a lucrative promotion in your workplace. If you are thinking of earning this promising degree, it won’t be a bad idea to take advantage of the Magadh University distance education option.
- The school was established by Satyendra Narayan Sinha, a former Minister of Education as of then. Since inception, the school has transformed into what it is today. It is based in the state of Bihar and boasts of 175 affiliated colleges and 44 constituents.
- It offers more than 200 courses both at the undergraduate and Postgraduate levels with branches in Banking, Account, and Commerce, Arts (Performing, Visual, Fine), Finance & Insurance, Engineering, Business and management studies, Humanity & Social Sciences, Law, and Health Education, among others.
- Lecturers at the university are highly knowledgeable when it comes to grooming talented students and aligning them in the path of academic growth.
- Magadh University is a state institution.
- M.A in Economics
- M.A in Hindi
- M.A in History
- M.A in Political Science
- M.A in Psychology
- M.A in Sociology
- M.A in Education
The total tuition cost for the distance M.A is INR 7,500 per annum.
Duration Of the Program
The Masters of Arts degree at Magadh University is 2 years.
|M.A in Economics||Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics from Magadh University or other accredited universities in the country.|
|M.A in Hindi||Bachelor of Arts degree in Hindi from Magadh University or other accredited universities in the country.|
|M.A in History||Bachelor of Arts degree in History from Magadh University or other accredited universities in the country.|
|M.A in Political Science||Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science or Public Administration from Magadh University or other accredited universities in the country.|
|M.A in Psychology||Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from Magadh University or other accredited universities in the country.|
|M.A in Sociology||Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology from Magadh University or other accredited universities in the country.|
|M.A in Education||Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics or any field of study from Magadh University or other accredited universities in the country.|
How To Apply For Admission
- Prospective students are expected to study the university’s prospectus to understand whether or not they meet all the requirements for admission
- The application form is available both online and offline.
- For online application, visit the school official website
- Click on the registration link and create a student profile by entering your email address and password
- Confirm your profile via the mail that was sent to your mailbox
- Open the application form and correctly fill in your details (background, academic profile, and work experience)
- Upload your passport photograph, academic qualifications, evidence of work experience, and other documents as requested.
- Review your application and pay the registration fee of INR 500 via credit or debit card or internet banking
- Submission of the application form and wait for a response from the school authorities.
- An offline application form is available at the Directorate of Distance Education office. After payment of INR 500 application fee, the form would be issued to you.
- The payment should only be made in favour of the distance education directorate at Bodh-Gaya.
- Complete the form manually and attach supporting documents
- Address the above form and attachments to the Director of Distance Education
Photocopies of the following documents should be attached as supporting documents:
- Category Certificate
- Entrance test Admit Card
- Migration certificate
- Transfer certificate
- 10th Mark sheet and certificate
- 12th Mark sheet and certificate
- Admission to pursue an M.A degree at Magadh University is strictly on merit after a pass mark in counseling.
- Prospective candidates would be communicated on the date of the counseling
- Candidates are to report with the original copies of their credentials and qualifications for sighting and verification
- After the counseling session, the admission list would be released for all candidates to know their admission status
- Magadh University is recognized and approved by the National Assessment And Accreditation Council with a score of 1.76.
Question 1: I am a physically challenged person, will the school admit me based on my health challenge?
Answer: The admission policy of Magadh University is not discriminatory based on candidates’ health status. However, once you are admitted, endeavor to state your health status during registration so that the school would be aware of your health challenge.
Question 2: Are there any scholarships for the distance education option?
Answer: No. Scholarships are not available at the moment. But the school can assist you with the necessary documentation when applying for student loans.
Question 3: What infrastructure does the school have to support learning?
Answer: Magadh University boasts of a collection of 3,000 theses, 1,55,000 books, as well as over 1,500 rare manuscripts across various disciplines. The university also has hostel accommodation for boys and girls. All the hostel rooms are equipped with power backup, security gadgets, internet connectivity, dining area, and kitchen. In addition, all the lecturers and instructors certified and trained to empower students.
Question 4: When is the application form rolling out?
Answer: Magadh University’s distance education program for the year kicks off in August. See the table below for a comprehensive admission direction.
|Magadh University Distance Education Program Outlines||Expected Dates|
|Availability of Distance M.A application forms||The first week of August.|
|Submission of forms||August 27-30th.|
|Entrance Test||August 31st|
Question 5: Where can I find the school’s study centre?
Answer: The following are the school’s study centre:
- DOE, M.U. Bodhgaya.
- PTT College, Patna.
- Magadh College of Education, Gaya.
- NTTC, Nalanda.
- DPS College of Education, Gaya.
- SBPSM B.Ed. College, Aurangabad.
- ITT College, Patna.
- MGTT College, Patna.
Question 6: How long should I wait after the registration to hear from the school
Answer: Generally, it takes about 2 to 3 weeks to hear from the school after registration. If you are admitted, the admission committee will communicate with you via your email address.
- Directorate of Distance Education
- Magadh University,
- Bodh-Gaya (Bihar) PIN-824234
- Phone: 0631-2200491
- Fax: 0631- 2200491
- Email: email@example.com